For Referring Sources
The Pro Bono Counseling Project is a non-profit mental health referral network. Low-income, uninsured families and individuals are linked with licensed therapists on a pro bono basis.
Clients are referred from schools and universities, community social service organizations, victims' services, churches, hospitals, other non-profit organizations, and volunteer clinicians (among many other sources). The Pro Bono Counseling Project welcomes client sources from new providers and continually seeks ways to partner with referring agencies to reach a greater number of individuals and families in need. If you have a referral question, a client to refer or a unique partnership to offer, please contact us.
Call Sherri Bloom, LCSW-C at 410-825-1001 x105 for:
- Questions about a referral or to refer a client for prospective therapy
- Referral materials, an in-service training for referral providers or additional program information
The Pro Bono Counseling Project is a public service project of:
- The Maryland Chapter, National Association of Social Workers
- The Maryland Psychological Association
- The Maryland Psychiatric Society
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors of Maryland
- Greater Washington Society for Clinical Social Work
- Middle Atlantic Division of American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
The Pro Bono Counseling Project
- serves families and individuals throughout Maryland,
- receives referrals for individuals and families requesting mental health counseling,
- links individuals and families with volunteer therapists who will provide free care,
- assists referral sources to coordinate supplementary services for clients,
- provides confidential screening, record-keeping and reporting.