9770 Patuxent Woods Dr
Columbia, MD 21046
2019 Continuing Education Workshop
At the Intersection: Trauma Informed Care for Gender Diverse Clients
Location: NonProfit Collaborative of Howard County
Date: Thursday, August 22, 2019
Time: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Featured Presenter: Tavi Hawn, LCSW-C
- Identify one’s own positions of privilege and power and have at least one idea of how to utilize
- that to create more access for gender non-conforming people.
- List concrete ideas on how to make your physical practice space more affirming.
- Describe the ways structural oppression can lead to trauma in transgender clients.
- Identify ways to adapt a type of trauma therapy to be more trans-affirming.
- Explain culturally relevant ways to support your client during social or medical transition.
- Identify types of family work that might be helpful in the work with your client.
- Describe considerations for work with trans elders.
- List the ethical pitfalls and ethical standards or practice guidelines when working with transgender clients.