We are proud of the progress we have made toward achieving our goals during the past year and we hope you will join us in celebrating our progress as we enter our 26th year in service:
- During the past year 3,891 families and individuals were referred to the Pro Bono Counseling Project.
- 1,879 licensed and insured mental health professionals representing clinical social work, psychology, psychiatry, advanced practice nursing and professional counseling participate; more than 700 are actively receiving at least one referral annually.
- During this past year alone, these clinicians donated 7,621 hours of therapy with 1,393 clients; a value in excess of $807,522, totaling $10,137,400 during the past 25 years.
- 22 counties in addition to Baltimore City refer clients; keeping at least 500 active cases at all times.
- The Pro Bono Counseling Project is effective and cost effective
Individual counseling for adults represented 64%; family counseling, including children and adolescents, was 11% of requests; and couples counseling continued to increase to 22%.
There was a five percent increase in clients linked with therapists and the hours donated for their care over the past year. The Pro Bono Counseling Project reaches out to hospitals, hospice, crisis centers, law enforcement and the criminal justice system, military programs and services, religious groups, colleges and Universities, county and urban schools, State and Local departments of health, mental health, aging and a wide variety of non-profit organizations to inform them of the ease and simplicity of referring their clients for mental health care.
The 703 currently active therapists of the Pro Bono Counseling Project volunteered 7,621 clinical hours with 1,393 clients from April 1, 2015 through March 31, 2016. During the past 25 years, 1,879 clinicians have participated in the Pro Bono Counseling Project.
To read more about the funder’s who support us and the good work that we do see our supporters page>>