Free Therapy in Maryland
may be available if you are sad, grieving, stressed or want to make a change in your life. The Pro Bono Counseling Project assists families, couples and individuals.
Call us at 410-825-1001 or 877-323-5800 for a confidential phone interview.
Support Our Work
The Pro Bono Counseling Project relies on your generous contributions to allow us to continue our services to clients in need. Please support our work by donating to our annual giving campaign.
PBCP is pleased to announce the following workshops:
Pro Bono Counseling Project
New Clinician Orientation
- Friday, May 20th from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Location: Silver Spring Library, Montgomery County, MD
Learn about volunteering with the Pro Bono Counseling Project hosted by Executive Director, Barbara Anderson, and Clinical Director, Sherri Bloom, LCSW-C.
To register, contact Sherri at email@example.com or call 410-825-1001 x105.
WELCOME NEW VOLUNTEERS!
Pro Bono Counseling Project Workshop
"Couples Counseling Demystified"
- Friday, June 10, 2016 from 9 am to 12 pm
- 3 CE's
- Continental breakfast provided
- Location: Towson Unitarian Universalist Church, Lutherville, MD
Peter Smith, PhD, LCSW-C, has held faculty appointments at Loyola University, Community College of Baltimore County, and since 2004 as a clinical instructor at the University of Maryland School of Social Work. He is a senior clinician for Inspirit Counseling Services where he has practiced psychotherapy with adults, couples, and families for over 25 years. He received his M.S.W in 1988 and his Ph.D. in 1999, both from the University of Maryland, Baltimore. His research and professional interests include theory development, emotional systems theory, object relations theory, and the interface of religion and mental health.
OBJECTIVES: Clinicians Will:
- Develop the key questions to assess the couple’s viability for couples work.
- Evaluate when it is more productive to work with both members of the couple or to work with one.
- Discuss how to create the opportunity for couples to have a conversation that they cannot have anywhere else.
- Describe how to assist couples and each partner to realign their goals.
- Demonstrate how to develop a working alliance with the couple.
"Improvements in Well-Being When the Underserved are Provided Mental Health Services"
The Pro Bono Counseling Project 4-year study that was designed and analyzed by graduate students of the Bloomberg School of Public Health of the Johns Hopkins University was sent to 21 legislators of the Maryland General Assembly last month. Our data demonstrated that clients who met with their therapist were 10.4% more likely to be satisfied with their job and, on a Likert Scale, had 36.4% higher level of well-being. The data shows that therapy can help Marylanders to work and feel better! The Mental Health Association will use this study to assist in its advocacy work during this legislative session. If you would like a copy of the study, please send your e-mail address.
Shop & Give to the PBCP
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the Pro Bono Counseling Project every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the Pro Bono Counseling Project.
How Does It Work?
- Use your regular Amazon.com account with the same login information, or set up a new account if you don't yet have one.
- Designate “Pro Bono Counseling Project” as the charitable organization that you’d like to support. You need to do this one time only!
- Every time you shop at Amazon, just logon through smile.amazon.com and you’ll be supporting PBCP! Amazon donates a percentage of your purchase price.
- For more information about Amazon Smile, see details on Amazon's website.
In need of Clinicians! Refer a friend!
We offer benefits exclusively for clinicians who are participating in the PBCP. And now, more than ever, we need you to invite a colleague so that we may more equitably refer families, couples and individuals throughout Maryland.
Requests for therapy have dramatically increased—we currently have 650 active cases. PBCP needs your help in recruiting additional therapists to join our mission in your county.
Additionally, PBCP is always looking for bi-lingual therapists to serve the growing Latino community.
PS Benefits include free CEs at inspiring workshops, networking within & outside your clinical group, free resources guide, documentation of your pro bono hours, + + +