Free Therapy in Maryland
may be available if you are sad, grieving, stressed or want to make a change in your life. The Pro Bono Counseling Project assists families, couples and individuals.
Call us at 410.825.1001 or 877.323.5800 for a confidential phone interview.
The Pro Bono Counseling Project relies on your generous contributions to allow us to continue our services to clients in need. Please support our work by donating to our annual giving campaign.
THANK YOU FOR 25 YEARS
As we celebrate 25 years of service, we thank you for your support of the Pro Bono Counseling Project and mental health care access in Maryland. To express our gratitude, we honor your generosity with a video tribute sharing the impact of the Pro Bono Counseling Project and your compassion on the lives of those in need in Maryland.
A very special thank you to photographer Joe Rubino for donating his professional services to create this video.
PBCP is pleased to announce the following workshops:
- 3/31/17 Parenting Alone Workshop - "Single Parenting: A Breach of Trust"
- 4/21/17 Speakers Forum - "The Dark Tetrad and Assisting Clients to Survive Its Effects"
Pro Bono Counseling Project Parenting Alone Workshop
"Single Parenting: A Breach of Trust"
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
New Hope Lutheran Church
By the end of this workshop, clinicians will be able to:
- Describe the grief process as it relates to being a single parent for both children and adults.
- Identify the difficulties in being a single parent by circumstance and how to navigate them.
- Discuss the different factors that go into resiliency and coping.
- Friday, March 31,2017, from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 3 CE's
- Breakfast provided
- Location: New Hope Lutheran Church, Columbia, MD
21st Annual Speakers Forum
"The Dark Tetrad and Assisting Clients to Survive Its Effects"
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Sheppard Pratt Conference Center
Daniel N. Jones, PhD, Assistant Clinical Professor of Psychology, University of Texas at El Paso; "Behavioral Confirmation of Everyday Sadism," "Predatory Personalities as Behavioral Mimics and Parasites," "The Core of Darkness: Uncovering the Heart of the Dark Triad" and many additional articles. Teaches the Dark Triad and Corporate Crime.
Elsa F. Ronningstam, PhD, Associate Clinical Professor of Psychology, Harvard Medical School; McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA; Disorders of Narcissism, Diagnostic, clinical and Empirical Implications, Ed. International Society for the Study of Personality Disorders, Organizing Committee for 15 International Congress 2017.
Kathryn Seifert, PhD, Clinical practice; founded Eastern Shore Psychological Services and CARE-S Assessment: Chronic Violent Behavior and Treatment Needs (Acanthus Publishing, 2007-2012), Youth Violence: Theory, Prevention, and Intervention, 2011; How Children Become Violent, 2006, awarded the 2007 Independent Book Publishers Award.
- Friday, April 21,2017, from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- 6 CE's
- Continental breakfast and lunch provided
- Location: Sheppard Pratt Conference Center
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT! Register by 2/3/2017 to SAVE $20
Registration Fee after 2/3 - $160
"Improvements in Well-Being When the Underserved are Provided Mental Health Services"
The Pro Bono Counseling Project 4-year study that was designed and analyzed by graduate students of the Bloomberg School of Public Health of the Johns Hopkins University was sent to 21 legislators of the Maryland General Assembly. Our data demonstrated that clients who met with their therapist were 10.4% more likely to be satisfied with their job and, on a Likert Scale, had 36.4% higher level of well-being. The data shows that therapy can help Marylanders to work and feel better! The Mental Health Association will use this study to assist in its advocacy work during this legislative session. If you would like a copy of the study, please send your e-mail address.
Shop & Give to the PBCP
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support the Pro Bono Counseling Project every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the Pro Bono Counseling Project.
How Does It Work?
- Use your regular Amazon.com account with the same login information, or set up a new account if you don't yet have one.
- Designate “Pro Bono Counseling Project” as the charitable organization that you’d like to support. You need to do this one time only!
- Every time you shop at Amazon, just logon through smile.amazon.com and you’ll be supporting PBCP! Amazon donates a percentage of your purchase price.
- For more information about Amazon Smile, see details on Amazon's website.
In need of Clinicians! Refer a friend!
We offer benefits exclusively for clinicians who are participating in the PBCP. And now, more than ever, we need you to invite a colleague so that we may more equitably refer families, couples and individuals throughout Maryland.
Requests for therapy have dramatically increased—we currently have 650 active cases. PBCP needs your help in recruiting additional therapists to join our mission in your county.
Additionally, PBCP is always looking for bi-lingual therapists to serve the growing Latino community.
PS Benefits include free CEs at inspiring workshops, networking within & outside your clinical group, free resources guide, documentation of your pro bono hours, + + +